Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Want To Impact The World, But Can't Do It Alone

            Amanda Moore
           WC: 282

            Music is an important part of everyone’s life, whether you believe it or not.  We all know we’re guilty of singing along with the radio, no matter how tone-deaf we may be.   I’m one of those people who has their headphones in their ears at all times, whether I’m just walking to class or relaxing after a long day.  Music has the power to create or change moods in a person.  I’ve had some rough times in the past, but music has been the one constant throughout my entire life. 
            My family says I used to learn commercial jingles quicker then the things I was being taught in school.  Like all other musical pieces, they were catchy and they got stuck in your head quickly. This experience of my childhood has stuck with me, and even today there is constantly a song in my head. 
To me, music is a saving grace, that one thing that is always there for you.  There have been a few bands in my life that have had a tremendous affect on the way I look at myself, the main one being The Rocket Summer, as well as Something Corporate and Jack’s Mannequin.  Songs for when you’re happy, upset or even angry, music can pick you out of a funk or help you cope with those angry thoughts brewing inside you.  I believe in the power and impact of music.  It has the power to change the world if we just listen, the power to heal emotional wounds or just as an escape from reality for just a small moment.  Music can be a powerful thing, if we just give it the chance to do its work.

Belief:  I believe in music, in its power to heal and its ability to impact the world, if we just give it a little help.

4 comments:

  1. I agree with your essay! So many people use music as a form of expression without even realizing it. One thing- you might wanna change "then" to "than" in the second paragraph, but other than that it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job on this essay. I share many of the same beliefs and experiences about music. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great and well written essay! Music is an important aspect of my life too

    ReplyDelete
  4. Music is definitely a big part of my life, I pretty much can't go on a day without listening to some sort of music.

    ReplyDelete